I’m linking up for “What’s Your Love Story” – mostly because I couldn’t resist that cute puppy face up in that picture. ;-P
1. How long have you and your significant other been together? We met & started dating the summer before our senior year…so 2007. It’ll be 5 years total in July.
2. How did you meet? We met at Falls Creek (a Christian camp my church goes to every year) when we were playing 4-square. We’d both seen each other in youth, but never really talked. I flirted shamelessly, and on the night before we left for home, he leaned in smiling from the line while I was in one of the 4 squares and said, “If you get Preston out, I’ll take you on an icee date.” I
nearly fainted said, “OK!” and proceeded to not get Preston out because I was so nervous, but he took me on an icee date anyway. ;) We went on our first real date when we got home (Steve’s Ribs & a movie), and the rest is history. :)
3. If married, how long have you been married? We’ll be celebrating our 1-year anniversary this May 21st! At Disney World. No big deal. ;)
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? We got married in the church we really grew up in – Quail Springs Baptist, and it was a medium-sized wedding – 275ish people I think? We had our reception at the Chesapeake Boathouse downtown. Looooved it all. :)
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Nothing really out of the ordinary I don’t think….baby, honey, stud, beautiful, etc. I like to call him hubs now cuz it sounds so funny.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. (1) I love that he loves the Lord & sees the good in everybody, especially when I don’t see any good. Lol. (2) I love that he loves movies – we’re big homebodies who love to chill and stay home snuggling & watching movies. (3) I love that he’s very thoughtful & does things for me when I don’t even ask…taking out the trash, doing dishes… stuff like that. He rocks. ;)
7. Tell us how he proposed? Whew…prepare yourselves. We met at Falls Creek, remember? After I graduated high school, I went back to Falls Creek a couple times as a counselor. I went back in 2010 and on June 30, 2010, he and our families were supposed to be coming up to go to tabernacle service that night with us…very normal, they come up most years to visit. That night, I was waiting outside so I could walk them in to the right spot to sit, but they were running late or “something.” One of my favorite church leaders and heroes Shaun came out of the tabernacle & said Tobin (our youth pastor) had left something at the volleyball court, and I needed to go help him pick it up. I hesitated and told him I was waiting for Andrew, but he insisted. We drove off in THE Andy Harrison’s golf cart and I told Shaun not to go off-roading…I have a minor fear of any type of vehicle on hills, and Falls Creek is full of them. When he started to go off the road and turn around, I freaked for a second, but then Shaun pointed to a spot by the waterfalls, and I looked up and saw Andrew. AND a cute bench on a blanket of yellow rose petals with a table next to it with more flowers and candles and a black velvet box. I remember freaking out, hugging Shaun, walking over to Andrew, and that’s all I remember till after we were engaged. Andrew had a lovely prepared speech that I’m sure was awesome. I don’t remember a thing. Hahaha. It was the biggest and most wonderful surprise of my life, and he did a perfect job. ;) He slipped a three-stone diamond and sapphire ring on my finger & my best friend came out from behind a rock, where she was hiding taking pictures the whole time. Our families showed up a few minutes later and we went back to the cabin to celebrate with “Congratulations” cookie cake. :)
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? I guess he’s a mixture? Flowers and teddy bear and rose petals…and chocolate. I don’t like strawberries & champagne, so he buys me lots of chocolate. :) Haha.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? Ugh, I can’t choose….both. I’m in love with the sunset on the beach scenario, but for every day, I’m very much a movie & relax kind of girl…guess it helps that I live hundreds of miles away from a nice beach.
10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? I’d love to travel…a lot. I really am hoping for Hawaii in a couple years, but we’d both really love to go to New Zealand and Australia…and Italy and Greece too. Hopefully we’ll be able to do some traveling some day. OR I’d love to own a ranch one day here with lots of dogs & horses & maybe some goats. :)
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine’s Day. Well, Andrew plans on surprising me, but I’m hoping it has something to do with Longhorn or Red Lobster (or some other ridiculously delicious place that I can cheat on my diet) and snuggling and watching a movie. Haha. We are definitely going to IHOP for breakfast on Valentine’s Day, but not celebrating officially till the next day because Andrew has a night class on Tuesday.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine’s day? Chocolate. A Reese’s, a Hershey’s, and a 3 Musketeers. (I’ve been sugar free for 5 days on this diet…I’m dying.)
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Be silly & laugh a lot. Take pictures & talk about memories & make goals. Pray together. Go on adventures any chance you get. :)
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
This is when we saw each other for the first time on our wedding day. Andrew’s face makes me all warm and toasty inside. ;)