When Andrew and I first started dating, we discovered that we each had a ridiculous love of movies. Our idea of a perfect day is chilling and watching movies all day long (and eating pancakes of course). Needless to say, we’re big fans of the Oscars. We feasted on chips and queso and watched the Oscars with the in-laws and brother-in-law and his lady last night. We laughed, we cried, and we couldn’t believe how much I loved Seth MacFarlane…well, most of the time. Here are a few of my favorite moments.
1. Seth McFarlane, Daniel Radcliffe, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing and dancing. Preciousssssss. Loved it. This video is pretty bad quality, but it’s the only one I could find so far.
2. Kristen Stewart the cripple. Guys. I still can’t stop laughing. That poor little creature. I almost feel sorry for her. I wasn’t satisfied with any of the YouTube videos I found of her limping and her awkward aura, but just go out into the google world if you didn’t see her presenting with poor Daniel Radcliffe and find it. It will keep you laughing for hours.
3. The sheer glory of the Les Mis number. WEEPING. I was weeping. I know Russell looked hefty. I don’t care. I love him and Hugh. (Also…Aaron Tviet, your hair looked awesome.)
4. Jennifer Lawrence falling and Hugh Jackman being the only gentleman in the room. I’m convinced he is the only person alive that every single human being adores. Any Hugh Jackman haters out there? I don’t believe it. And Jennifer Lawrence is adorable.
5. Seth MacFarlane saying, “The following presenter needs no introduction,” and walking away before Meryl came out. And did Meryl even open the envelope or did she just choose Daniel Day Lewis to win because she’s Meryl Streep and can do that?
6. Daniel Day Lewis’s speech, particularly him saying he was the first choice to play Margaret Thatcher. What a precious little Abe Lincoln. Good for him.
7. Jennifer Aninston’s dress. It was gorgeous. That is all.
What were your favorite parts of the Oscars??
Happy Monday loves! :)