Next week, I will have been married to sweet Andrew for two years. TWO YEARS. Folks…that is crazy. No one warned me it would go this fast. Actually, people probably did…but I didn’t realize it would go thiiiis fast. I digress.
In honor of our anniversary, May 21st, here are 21 things that I love about marriage. Specifically, being married to Andrew. :) I might see if I can convince him to make his own list for another day’s post.
1. I love the reliability and loyalty of a person who I’m certain will always be there for me, no matter what.
2. I love falling asleep and waking up next to an attractive man.
3. I LOVE married road trips.
4. I love always having someone to go out to eat with, even if they mock my love of pizza. ;)
5. I love controlling the thermostat in our house.
6. I love snuggles and movie marathons and pancake nights.
7. I love eating breakfast together in the mornings, especially if we go to IHOP for breakfast. ;)
8. I love getting to know someone so well that they can finish your sentences and nearly read your mind. This is both good and bad…
9. I love finding out all the numerous ways God created us for each other and how intricate His plan was to bring us together.
10. I love having two families.
11. I love how ordinary things seem like adventures.
12. I love always having someone to force to take pictures. ;)
13. I love having a dog child.
14. I love randomly going out for ice cream or cookie cake, or randomly being brought ice cream or cookie cake.
15. I love staying home and having living room picnics. Outdoor picnics are fun too.
16. I love having a dance partner.
17. I love talking about our future family and future vacations and future adventures.
18. I love always having a backup buffer for awkward events.
19. I love praying together and hearing Andrew’s heart for the Lord.
20. I love marriage humor, and all the hilarity and laughing-till-we-cry moments marriage has brought us.
21. I love being married to a Godly, hard-working stud-muffin of a man who treats me so well, deals with my crazed obsessions, and knows entirely too much about movie trivia. ;)