I was nominated for the Liebster Award by sweet Rachel from Our Yellow Door! Basically – people answer fun questions, write new questions for their nominated bloggers to answer, and bloggers get to know other bloggers. It’s great fun! Here are my answers to Rachel’s questions.
1. What’s your favorite hot drink of choice?
Oh, the embarrassment. I don’t like any hot drinks. If I’m freezing cold, I can bear to drink hot chocolate and feel a tad better, but I’m just not a coffee or tea drinker. I kinda wish I was, because I feel so unsophisticated. ;)
2. What is your favorite version of the Bible and why?
I grew up with the NIV, and I love it. My Dad is big on the King James Version, so I know some memory verses from that version, and it does always sound poetic. ;) I also love the New American Standard because I’ve heard it’s pretty darn close to the original Hebrew.
3. Best childhood Halloween costume?
I’m so glad you asked. I’ll never top this one.
4. Why did you start blogging?
I started this blog as a way to keep track of newlywed life and memories. It’s also a wonderful creative outlet because I’ve always loved writing. I like to think it’s a place that I can come back and reminisce in the future.
5. If you could have been present for any event in history, what would it be and why?
This is a tough one. My first thought was the resurrection, because obviously that had to be epic. Haha. I also would’ve liked to have been around in the days when everyone rode horses everywhere. Cars are lame. And I feel like morality was more present back then.
6. What has God been putting on your heart lately?
Oh, heavens. Where do I begin? Through all of the uncertainty we’ve had lately, trust and patience have been a huge thing. God’s been teaching me to let go of my plans and realize how much better His are for me. He’s been teaching me to ask what I can do for Him before I try to plan out my days in my calendar. Romans 8:28 has been a big thing on my heart lately as well, and I’m learning to trust that ALL things work together for good.
7. What are you most excited for about 2014?
SUMMER. I want warm weather ASAP. I’m also excited about Andrew’s new job. :)
8. Favorite book? Why?
I simultaneously adore and abhor Redeeming Love. It was the hardest book to read, but so moving and such a great picture of Christ’s love for us. And I love The Hunger Games series, of course. My favorite book in high school was The Cay. My favorite little kid book growing up was definitely The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy.
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I definitely was planning to be a zookeeper for my first 12 years of life. I then changed my mind to a dolphin/sea lion trainer. Then I met Andrew, and I found something more practical that let me get married as soon as possible. ;)
10. What is something you’ve created recently that you’re proud of?
Our 2013 yearbook! It makes me happy.
I nominate my sweet blogger friend Rose at Freeman Fugue! :)
And my 10 questions are:
1. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
2. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
3. What’s your favorite animal?
4. Who has inspired you the most?
5. Describe your perfect day.
6. What is your favorite book of the Bible?
7. What is your favorite color and why?
8. Favorite movie?
9. How many children do you want?
10. What are you looking forward to the most about 2014?
Happy Friday, loves!