My food finds on Pinterest have been striking out lately, so I experimented a little on my own and found a new chicken dish that Andrew requested go in the rotation! I love anything with a good crunch, and this is a winner. And the best part? It’s the easiest thing ever…so easy that I feel silly even posting directions because you could probably figure it out. But just in case…here you go. ;)
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I use Tyson’s Right Size Portions)
2-3 tbsp butter, melted
Panko breadcrumbs (I use Progresso)
1. Clean and cut each chicken breast into 2-3 pieces.
2. Melt butter in a bowl, and dip and coat each piece of chicken.
3. Sprinkle a bit of garlic powder on each piece according to taste.
4. Dip and coat each piece of chicken in panko breadcrumbs until covered.
5. Lay chicken in a greased baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for an hour, or until top looks slightly browned and crispy. I sometimes bake it a little longer to get more crunch ;)
It’s great by itself, but it’s also good with a nice, cheesy sauce. We tried out Prego’s artisan three cheese with it last night, and it was delish!
Happy feasting. ;)