Good gravy, this year flew fast! I’m thrilled that I actually finished everything on my “By the Time I’m 25″ bucket list, but I don’t think I’ll make the next bucket list until I’m closer to year 30. Any suggestions for a “By the Time I’m 30″ list? Actually, nevermind. I don’t want to think about being 30.
Let’s review the 25 list, shall we?
BY THE TIME I’M 25
[March 15th, 2014-March 14th, 2015]
1. Go to Disney World one more time without kids. SEPTEMBER 2014
I loved every flippin minute of this vacation. I can’t wait to go back in ten years with baby Boswells.
2. Intentionally sit and watch the sunrise. MAY 2014
This seems like forever ago, and I’d like to do it again when it’s warmer. It was so peaceful. :)
3. Go to a national park. MARCH 2015
What a winner Rocky Mountain National Park was! I love you, Colorado.
4. Write and send 10 handwritten letters. ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) FEBRUARY 2015
I’m very fond of handwritten sentiments, and I wish people sent them more often! Paper products are an obsession of mine, so I wasn’t too worried about crossing this one off. ;)
5. Read 5 new books. ( 1. Love Does by Bob Goff, 2. Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan, 3. Everybody Loves Raymond: Our Family Album, 4. The Birth Order Book by Kevin Leman, 5. In A Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson) MARCH 2015
I rather enjoyed forcing myself to read. ;) It always seems like something I never have time for, but I enjoy it so much. I’m hoping to make reading 5 new books a yearly thing.
6. Have a spa day that includes a massage. MARCH 2015
This one technically happened after my birthday due to one of the snowstorms causing the massage place to reschedule, but it was worth the wait! This morning I had a 60-minute hot stone massage and a facial. I had never had either of those, and they were sublime. ;)
7. Go somewhere I’ve never been before. JANUARY 2015
I’m sure I could count a few places for this, but I counted Eureka Springs, Arkansas, where we traveled to shoot a wedding at this gorgeous chapel!
8. Send 5 random gifts to brighten some days. ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) FEBRUARY 2015
Gift giving is my love language, and I plan to keep this one up throughout the years too. I adore sending happy mail!
9. Pay for someone behind me in the drive-thru. MARCH 2015
This was ridiculous because it took me forever. Every time I would think of it, there would be no one in line behind me, and then FOUR TIMES in a row, I was in front of men driving by themselves, and I didn’t want them to think I was creepily hitting on them. This finally got accomplished while we were in Colorado actually. Haha. It’s something else I really would like to do more frequently, especially considering how often I find myself at Sonic.
10. Have a sister day with Wormy. JUNE 2014
We’ve had many sister days, but I counted the one where we went to Gattitown and the zoo. :)
11. Start a travel fund for random vacations and little getaways. OCTOBER 2014
I have a passion for budgeting and vacation planning. This was a long time coming. [Side note – if you haven’t tried http://www.mint.com, you should. It’s a great way to track and plan your spending…I’m currently tracking a vacation goal with it.]
12. Take Bradford out to lunch. MAY 2014
We had Empire Slice pizza and garlic knots. Delish. He’s about to have a baby. :) :) :)
13. Have both sets of parents over for dinner. JANUARY 2015
I will never ever be able to express how thankful I am for in-laws that get along and hang out with each other. It’s truly a delight. We fed these hooligans Garlic Panko Chicken, and we played a hilarious game of Loaded Questions.
14. Take Andrew on a surprise date. DECEMBER 2014
I took Andrew to Cheesecake Factory in December as a surprise, and it was this night that I discovered my undying love for the Crispy Chicken Costoletta. Moral of the story – do nice things for your spouse, and you’ll be rewarded. (We may or may not have gone there again tonight…)
15. See a movie from the Warren balcony. FEBRUARY 2015
We saw McFarland and fell in love with the Warren balcony!
16. Donate to an awesome organization or cause. APRIL 2014
I donated a couple photoshoots to various organization fundraisers, and we supported some missionaries as well!
17. Have a best friend day with Kristi Belle. MARCH 2015
Again, not too difficult to cross this one off because there have been a few, but we had a lovely nails and lunch day this month that we’ll count. :)
18. Set up a styled shoot and take pictures with Andrew and Jack. NOVEMBER 2014
Our Christmas shoot was a tad stressful, but we’ll do anything for cute pictures. ;) I don’t think this year’s Christmas card will be as cute as 2014’s, but I’ve resolved to stop trying to top the previous year. ;)
19. Leave encouraging sticky notes in random places one day. FEBRUARY 2015
This was a fun one. I stuck some fun little notes in some books at Barnes and Noble, and the people who have great taste in books will find them. ;)
20. Have a water balloon fight with friends. AUGUST 2014
Water balloon fights might just be my favorite thing about summer. I am so unbelievably ready for some warmer weather!
21. Walk/run around Lake Hefner. MAY 2014
Woof. Never again by myself in the wind.
22. Dress up and go out for a fancy dinner. FEBRUARY 2015
We counted Valentine’s Day at Cheesecake Factory, because
bread love is all we need.
23. Go to Remington Park with Andrew. MARCH 2015
Andrew had never been, and it was a hilarious little date night.
24. Play laser tag. MARCH 2015
I adore laser tag probably a little too much. I’m hoping we go back soon so I can pick a cooler code name.
25. Take pictures to celebrate the horror / excitement of turning 25. MARCH 2015
Sigh. I miss the mountains already.
Here’s to year 25. ;)